In the Summer Of 2019 the Applied Science Private University Joined the Make Impact Consortium.
The Make Impact Consortium is an extended community of universities and companies working to speed the integration of technology, innovation, making, and entrepreneurship. The Make Impact Consortium was established by the MIT, and has grown quickly since then to include several well reputable Universities and Industry leaders from all over the world. ASU is one of the first members to join the consortium and is actively helping build and grow this consortium. Hence, ASU is among the few founding member universities in this consortium.
The mission of the consortium is to provide tangible resources that speed integration of technology, innovation, making and entrepreneurship within universities and the technology innovation ecosystems that surround them.
The consortium believes that:
• the integration of making and entrepreneurship skills play a vital role in skill development and providing individuals with the perspective needed to solve real problems and seed entrepreneurial activities
• Technology innovation ecosystems succeed when they have “making driven” entrepreneurs and “entrepreneurship driven” innovators.
• Universities have an indispensable role in creating and feeding city/state/regional technology innovation ecosystems
• University networks can share maker/entrepreneurship best practices and programs.
• Ongoing assessment and improvement of makerspaces leads to more impactful making and entrepreneurship programs.
For more information please refer to the main webpage for the consortium: